And How!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Productive Products V.2.0.

YAY!!!!
Today I got some wonderful things in the mail. Hooray Mail! For those of you who are interested and don't know. I love to order things online for several reasons.
1. I don't have to wander aimlessly searching for things in the mall.
2. I don't have to deal with mall crowds.
3. My car doesn't get scratched by parking in mall parking lots.
4. I can shop whenever I want. That means 6 am or 4 am.
5. I can shop wearing nothing at all. Or pyjamas.
6. I get things in the mail! It's the expectation that gets me.
It's like christmas to me when I get boxes in the mail. I get so excited that I actually become a tracking number diva online with Canada Post. Which can be annoying to those friends who get to hear my latest update about where my package is and when I expect to get it.

You're asking about what I got by now I guess? Sorry, I warned you with the prepositioned YAY!!! above that I might be excited. Today I got two parcels that I've been looking forward to getting. I got a book, clothes, and a dog bed. Big haul for a friday right? I thought so. Now I'm just waiting for a package full of outdoor wear from Mountain Equipment Co-op which has nothing to do with this dog blog.

Below you'll see a picture of the L.L.Bean Denim Dog Bed that I ordered. When I opened the box that it came in I was surprised to see that the pillow and the cover were seperately packaged.

Brand New L.L. Bean Dog Bed
The pillow itself was very firm and adequately sewn. I'm a fan of the actual pillow and it is sewn in a doughnut sort of manner. The pillow is probably stuffed better than my own pillows on my bed. I sat on the pillow and tested it's durability. After siting on the pillow for about 5 minutes I got up and my arse print lifted immediately (no dents). I also did not get a hard floor feeling from the bottom of the pillow. It was like siting on a couch.

The cover is actually made of a midweight denim fabric. It feels like my father's carpentry coveralls. Which seems like it would stand the test of time. It will also wash pretty nice. Eventually I expect to see some colour fading due to the fabric. It should feel like a pair of worn in denim jeans when used regularly. At this price point ($59CAD) I feel like I got my money's worth. The true test of course will be when my dog gets to break it in !
Ian Dunbar's Book on Puppy Ownership
This is a book that I ordered from Chapters-Indigo. It's a Canadian version of Barnes and Nobles. The truth about this book is that I had a coupon for $5 off of the purchase online. So, I bought another dog book to add to my growing collection. Dr. Dunbar is pretty well known. The book itself has a pretty good rating but once I read it I'll post a judgement of how I actually rate it amongst what I've read. He has a website that is quite extensive so I'm just hoping that the material covered in the book is somewhat different from the information that is available online. More to come on this one I'm afraid...

Finally, this week my dear friend Hannah went back to Norway for the summer. She'll be having some really great experiences before she gets her dog. Alas, she'll be one of my main dog coordinating partners through the growth, development, and training of my new pet. She's also getting a dog in August upon her return to the country. Soon she should find out if the pregnancy was a success from her breeder. It's exciting. Check her blog out at tervtails.blogspot.com . She's been so good to me the last couple of months. She's my dog-talk person for sure. And below you'll find a picture of us expectant pet owners.
Hannah and I as she leaves for her Flight to Norway. (Hannah don't kill me)

No comments:

Post a Comment