And How!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Meet the Parents

I just got back from an amazing meeting with a potential breeder. My friends and I took to the Goulds, NL to visit Cherie Williams and her dogs tonight. I have been speaking with her for a little while now and she is an expert when it comes to Cavaliers even though she's only had this business for 6 years.

She has 4 Cavaliers, Will, Amber, Kylie, and another Ruby Male that's not on the premises since Amber is weaning pups. We entered her lovely home and were welcomed by the happy little pups that she owns. They offered us tea/water and we sat and chatted with her and her husband. Her two daughters were also there and they had a lot to say as well.

Olivia (one of her daughters) brought out a 4H project she did on the dogs. Then we went in to visit the current litter of puppies that Cherie has. She had 6 pups (2 black and tans, and 4 rubies) they were amazing little pups. Cherie explained how she was getting them used to being handled by the paws and ears. This was very refreshing. She and her family talked for an hour and a half about the dogs. It was so clear they love them.

I really would have loved to go with one of the current litter but I don't think that I will be able to take one until the next litter. Kylie and Willie will be bred soon as the female goes into heat (in the next couple of weeks) then the dogs will be born 63-days from then. Ready 8 weeks after that.

I love this breeder so much. I am definitely going to buy from them. It will be good but I think that I will have to go with the later litter for financial reasons. It seems as though these people like to keep in contact about the progress of their dogs.

I am ever sure that I want this type of dog. It needs to be soon too. I can't imagine being dog-less any longer. It's a hard thing to keep my family in check about the dog. But I think about how much time can be wasted by not living when we should be. In the next week or so I expect to make a final confirming decision on the dog. I have to decide several things by then.

The first is what colour? Blenhiem, Ruby, Tri-colour, or Black and Tan. I am partial to black and tan initially but I love them all. I think I'd like a ruby if I could get one by the end of the summer. I am very excited by all of this commotion and it's good that I had friends go to visit as well because I got to see how the people interacted with them as well as myself.

It's due to good breeders like Cherie and her family that pure breeds are continuing healthy and happy. Thanks to them for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment