And How!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Reading Review # 3: Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Breed Special by Dog Fancy Magazine

I bought this magazine over the Victoria Day weekend at a local PetSmart. Now I've been reading a lot over the past 6 months and I've been picking up various dog magazines in between the books I've been reading. But until now none have been basically breed specific. Needless to say, I was very excited to see this in the store. It covers various topics and spotlights different owners and their dogs. It even talks about the American CKC Spaniel Clubs and their connections or lack thereof to the American Kennel Club. I really liked the section on the use of CKC Spaniels as Therapy Dogs. It's also interesting to read about the medical conditions prone to the breed due to poor breeding among dogs.

OTHER NEWS:It's my graduation week here so I've officially got my graduate degree in hand. Family is visiting and of course I've been secretly talking about dogs around my grandmother and slightly with my mother. Unfortunately my father, who knows I want to be a dog owner, doesn't think I should be getting a dog right now. I can understand that but I also understand that I have my own head and heart constantly in battle over the proper time to become an owner. It's been difficult deciding that I am ready but I know I will be looking for more work in the future. That was why I started saving for my pup's expenses. Any responsible owner will do what he or she has to in order to be keeping up with their pet's health. I see people who are my age or younger getting animals when they have no idea about training or upkeep. They manage to do it and I feel that I would also manage to do it too. I'd love to have a steady job but most of the work I'll be doing over the next few years may be contingent on contractual positions. Regardless I will be working.

Since my breeder only breeds her dogs occasionally I think now is the time for my dog to come. It won't be until early fall before I get her anyway so I think minds may change by then. Sometimes its just difficult to mediate what others think is the best choice for you and what you think is the best choice for yourself. A dog that I can spend time training and loving will be wonderful for my quality of life. End of the argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment