And How!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Shopping: PetSmart St. John's Grand Opening

Since PetSmart ( a chain pet store ) opened in St. John's today. Myself and a couple of friends headed up to see what specials and deals were on. Normally I'm not about buying from a chain store but since I'm on a budget and I decided picking up some Kong toys needed to happen pre-puppy to take the financial load off I went to the store to save myself some money. I will be buying food from a local store that buys only smaller company foods which are healthier than box brand foods. I'm thinking about feeding raw but I am unsure if I can afford that.

This is about the haul from this store. I have pretty much everything I need training wise. I am waiting to pick up things like nail clippers, leash and collar, water bowl, toothpaste, shampoo, etc. until later. I did pretty good today too. I only spent $50 for all of the stuff pictured below and used this week's savings to buy these things.

Check it out.

DSCN0101

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad if your puppy isn't interested in all the toys and such you've bought. I did the same thing you did before we got Niki. Much to my chagrin, she didn't want anything to do with the Kong toys, besides the cloth-covered one with the octopus type of legs.

    We tried again with Igor. Same deal. *sigh* I've given up on the Kongs. Squeaky toys, Skinneez, balls, plastic pop bottles (both covered and uncovered), and paper towel and t.p. tubes are the favoured items. Anything cloth-covered is big around here. The couch cushions were at risk for a while... they've gotten over that! Canadian Tire has their favourite chewy toy. It reminds me of those toys people give their infants... a light blue and pink "soother" and "key" on a round plastic loop. The best flavour, apparently. Cheap, too! I'll post a picture of it on FB for you.

    I also buy the humongous Easter stuffies at Dominion when they're on sale for $5.00. (The real Easter Bunny wouldn't stand a chance in our household with these two fierce demon-dogs!) They have the dreaded "eyeballs" and stuffing that they shouldn't eat, but if you watch your dogs while they play with these toys, your pets will be fine.

    I don't know what part of St. John's you live in, nor if you have a vehicle... but I'm out in Torbay, my yard is large and fenced, and I have two lovely Cavaliers for your puppy to learn and grow with. I'd love for you to bring him/her out as often as you can. :D

    ReplyDelete